A new dawn at Kidd & Spoor as we celebrate 150 years in business
Our plans to celebrate trading as a law firm since 1870 were ready to be implemented in March 2020 but none of us could have expected the Coronavirus to “gate crash” the party! Continuing as a business in the face of this pandemic is a huge challenge, but at Kidd and Spoor we are resilient, resourceful and ready to respond, with care.
We’re currently undertaking a thorough risk assessment process, extra staff training and are implementing changes to our office in order to comply with government advice upon social distancing, cleanliness, flexible working and health & safety.
As many of you know, our offices, in particular our reception and interview rooms are large enough to enable us to provide a safe environment for our staff and clients, whilst continuing to provide a personal service.
Many of us will continue to work remotely and this will not impact upon the very high level of service that you are entitled to expect. Skype meetings, telephone conferences and email are increasingly popular, and will be available, but we are aware that many people prefer face to face meetings. Our experience has taught us that new clients, in particular, like to meet their lawyer in person, and prefer that option in order to develop a level of trust in that lawyer.
With that in mind, we are hoping to open the office again within the next few weeks with strict procedures set up to maintain health and safety.
The new measures that we will guarantee, are necessary for compliance purposes, but also to reassure you that the health and care of all of our clients and staff is the number one priority.
- Meetings at the office arranged at pre-arranged times will ensure that numbers of visitors are controlled carefully and comfortably.
- Social distancing margins will be clearly marked and checked to guarantee awareness.
- Reception and our waiting areas are to be clearly defined and measured.
- Toilet facilities will be cleaned and checked regularly and disposable paper towels provided.
- Whenever possible our entrance door and all internal doors will be left open.
- Where it is necessary to close doors, for example, to preserve confidentiality, the handles and hardware will be cleaned before and after the door is used.
- Within the staff sections of our office, purpose-built partitions and dividing walls will enable all of us to work in isolation whilst still operating in departmental teams
- Staff lunch breaks and comfort breaks will be strictly controlled.
Our business ethic has always been based upon good client care. Our service to generations of families over 150 years has made us proud to be an integral part of the North Tyneside community. Maintaining good communication with clients and offering a comfortable, safe and welcoming office environment sets us apart from others.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to our office in the near future. Whether you need help with family law, conveyancing, wills, powers of attorney, trusts or estates, we are here for you, and will continue to be.